News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Madden 25 Info

Started by Jason, August 05, 2024 @ 01:40 PM

Jason

New gameplay trailer posted today: 

BoomerSooner

I like how you can do some new pre play changes, like tweaking routes. The problem is my old ass is lucky just to do an audible before the play clock runs out.

Jason

I'm sure YouTube is partly to blame, but I don't know why EA would release a video with such bad quality. The gameplay looked like is was running at less than 30fps and Boom Tech looks like bumper cars on a football field. It seemed like all the players were bouncing off of each other. They should have put that effort into wrap-up or gang tackles instead.

Brad Company

That's what the game actually is, unfortunately. It also has to run on 10 year old consoles.

Jason

I was surprised to find out that the EA Play 10-hour trial is available to play today since it was supposed to be early-access only. I played one game (PS5 version) to check it out and it's much better than 24. It looks great and surprisingly plays great too.

BoomerSooner

I have only played a few games and super sims to test the lighting. It is progressive but only switches after certain qtrs and varies by stadium and mostly at 4:15 start times. The 3d grass the bragged about does look much better. Love having multiple commentary teams.

Gameplay is fine so far, was able to run the ball on All Pro. Feels more true to the same difficulty from the past. Where All American on CFB25 feels closer to Heisman in comparison.

BoomerSooner

My only real gripe so far is the commentators volume is too low, even at 100%.

On the field it looka much better graphically than CFB25. Not that CFB looks bad but you can see a difference. The grass for one and if you play a snow game in both games you can see a big difference between the two.

Right now I am pretty happy to have two good but far from great football games to play.

Jason

What passing setting are you using for Madden and CF 25? I'm using classic for both. It's too late for me to learn a new passing system.

BoomerSooner

Using the new meter on both and it has grown on me. Which is rare as I usually stick wit the classic stuff.

Jason

My biggest complaint with CF 25 is the lighting during day games. When facing the sun the field and lighting look great, but as soon as you go the other way (either defense or change of quarter), everything is way too dark. I've gotten around the issue by playing all my games at 8pm under the lights.

BoomerSooner

Unfortunately in dynasty you still have to deal with it since you can't control time of day. I am more bothered the lack of progressive lighting. Especially a 6pm start where it stays the same sun about to set but never does.

I have a feeling the weather and dynamic stuff will be a selling point for Madden and CFB 26.

Also, outside of the wind direction on kicks, there is no mention of the temperature/weather conditions before a game. At least not that I have seen.

BoomerSooner

One thing that needs tuning is the AI passes to much. I get it is a passing league but it's heavy on the pass.

CFB has a much better balance in this area.

Jason

I don't really mind it, but I think it's something that can easily be adjusted in an update. A lot of people seem to be complaining about the pass/run ratio, so EA will probably patch it.

Now we just need EA to add an option to turn off HFA in CF 25.

BoomerSooner

This made me laugh. So if you play the Xbox One/PS4 version of Madden 25, the game has progressive lighting that moves after every play.

On next gen versions it sometimes changes once after certain quarters but not always as it is glitchy.

In CFB25 which is only on next gen it never changes.

Watch between 23:00 and 30:00 on this ps4 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0B9Y1RCHQs

Jason

WTF. What's even stranger is that they would add it to the old-gen versions this year since they never had it before. It's not like the old-gen versions always had it and it just wasn't brought over to the next-gen versions. They made a conscious effort to add it to the old-gen versions this year and not do the same to the next-gen versions.