News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31 AM

Jason

Unfortunately I'm stuck watching it on my son's 32", 1080p, non-HDR TV. I can't believe there's still no way to copy your PS5 games saves to a USB stick so they can be moved to another console. Even when we had PS Plus, his saves weren't saved in the cloud since he's a child account.

One of the Xbox's best features is cloud saves, even if you don't subscribe to Xbox Live/Game Pass, making it seamless to move between consoles when playing games and picking up right where you left off.

Jason

Jason

Quote from: Jason on November 01, 2023 @ 08:16 PMNice update coming out tomorrow for Gran Turismo 7: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/11/01/gran-turismo-7-update-with-spec-ii-1-40-arrives-today-new-cars-track-and-features/
The only car I'm interested in is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22, which is only 340k. I was expecting them to charge much more for it. I had spent over $6 million on cars last month but still had enough left over to buy it.

Jason

Finally got invited to a PS5 beta. The only other time I got a PS5 beta is when Brad sent me a code for one.

BoomerSooner

Well I caved and picked up a PS5 Digital Slim today. Was in the big city and I needed something non-sports game related. So I bought a PSN Premium for 3 months since it is cheaper than purchasing Horizon Forbidden West and Death Stranding (which are both included in the service) plus a couple of other games I am interested in trying. Bought God of War Ragnarok and The Last of Us 2 Remastered/Enhanced Versions for the PS5.  With these 4 games and NCAA/Madden 25 on Xbox I should stay pretty busy.

Edit: And as I was typing this I realized Days Gone is available in the PS Plus library. Add that to the list.

I am excited for all the exclusives coming to Xbox but none I am interested are available until the end of the year (Indiana Jones and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2) and most are pushed back to 2025. It will stay my main console for anything available on both because the Xbox controller just feels so much better and I also prefer the cleaner UI and quick resume.

Jason

Congratulations on the purchase. GoW Ragnarok and Last of Us Part 2 are great games. This is the first generation that I bought both consoles and I'm happy I did. Like you, I prefer the Xbox controller over the the Dual Sense.

BoomerSooner

If you have any game recommendations that are games not on Xbox, feel free and toss them out. I am not into racing games (sorry GB Simo if you are still out there). Mostly into shooters and action adventures, along with those casual farming sims like Stardew Valley.

BoomerSooner

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/03/an-important-update-on-concord/

QuoteTherefore, at this time, we have decided to take the game offline beginning September 6, 2024, and explore options, including those that will better reach our players.

While we determine the best path ahead, Concord sales will cease immediately and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased the game for PS5 or PC. If you purchased the game for PlayStation 5 from the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Direct, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method.

Two weeks after release, a Sony published game is being delisted, servers being taken down and refunds for everyone who bought it. This is something you don't see often, especially from Sony.

Jason

People are finally getting tired of live service Fortnite ripoffs.

BoomerSooner

Also paying $40 for a game competing against F2P games with MTX that are hugely popular. This never made any sense. The game was in development for 8 years. Imagine working on a game for that long to have it removed after two weeks.

Jason

Let's hope Sony learned a lesson from this. Stick to what you're good at and stop chasing the live service jackpot.

Jason

Quote from: BoomerSooner on September 03, 2024 @ 04:23 PMIf you have any game recommendations that are games not on Xbox, feel free and toss them out. I am not into racing games (sorry GB Simo if you are still out there). Mostly into shooters and action adventures, along with those casual farming sims like Stardew Valley.

You really need to play God of War (2018) if you plan on playing Ragnarok since it's a continuation of the story. I'd also recommend Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. The "remaster" of Red Dead Redemption runs at 60fps on the PS5 too.

BoomerSooner

Never been a fan of Super Hero games. I did like the Infamous games though. Been through RDR/Zombie AddOn running 60fps on Xbox. Would love to have 60fps upgrade for RDR2.  Kinda enjoyed the Astro playroom game that was included. Ran through each area once which was enough for me. I know the new one is coming soon and with a steep price drop I would give it a run.

Naughty Dog, they just deliver. Two hours in TLOU2 and it's just a sight to behold. Makes me wish they would restart something with the Uncharted series, I loved those games. They could go back to Sir Francis Drake or the daughter.

Jason

RDR isn't 60fps on Xbox. It was upscaled to 4K on the Series X, but still runs at a locked 30fps.

Sony fucked Naughty Dog this generation by having them waste years making the live service Last of Us shooter that was wisely cancelled before its release. It's a shame they haven't had a new game released this generation yet. I think their next game will be a cross platform PS5/PS6 game.

BoomerSooner

Wow, I had no clue it was not 60fps. Usually that is something I notice pretty early on.

How about a Syphon Filter game?  It was made by Bend Studios (Days Gone) way back in the day.

Always look before hitting reply: They are also working on yet another "Live Service" game for Sony.  ::)