News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31 AM

Jason

I agree - frame rate is more noticeable and more important to me. I can tell immediately if a game is running at 30fps or 60fps, but I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between 1440 and 1080 resolutions.

BoomerSooner

As much as I am enjoying TLOU2 they did something I hate in games. Having to kill dogs. Multiple dogs, that are not wild but trained dogs with handlers.

I tried to stealth through it but never got far.

Jason

I hate killing any type of animal in games. It's one of the things I disliked in the Tomb Raider series.

I'm guessing you're on Seattle day 2 or 3. Just wait, you'll be more pissed off.

Jason

New PS5 firmware update out today that finally includes the customizable Welcome Hub, which replaces the useless Explore Hub.

Full Details: https://mp1st.com/news/ps5-update-version-version-24-06-10-00-00-released-this-sept-12-and-introduces-new-features

BoomerSooner

Two things that are a bit annoying right now with the PS5.

The store seems needlessly complex. You have a pre order section that lists a small section of games. There is no true coming soon section. If you scroll down to the one area where you can select PS5 games you get a mixture of games that are out and just announced games. Also would it be that hard to put on the box covers that a game is VR only. Just slap it right at the bottom where it shows if it is a PS4/PS5 game.

Second, if you are going to raise the prices of the controller $5, how about raise the battery life while you are at it.

Jason

The entire PS5 UI is far worse than the Xbox's. I'm still annoyed about them reversing the functions of the long and short presses on the PS button. I don't know if anybody uses them, but the activity cards seems to be a huge waste of space to me too.

A second controller and charging station are almost a requirement for all PS5 owners. I know the Dual Sense has more features than the Xbox controller, but I can literally go weeks without the need to charge my Xbox controller while not being able to go more than 2 days without charging my Dual Sense.

Jason

Brent, are you still paying TLOU 2?

BoomerSooner

Yup, Day 3 Seattle. More dogs to deal with. I go really slow with these games, trying to find all the collectable stuff like the notes and comic cards, because I rarely play through games like this a second time no matter how much I love it. If a game has alternate endings I just youtube them.

They do a good job of keeping your resources fairly low by limiting how many you can have at one time. I don't think I have used the smoke bomb once. Occasionally use shrapnel bomb on non humans. Mostly use the Molotov. Bow is my fav weapon but use guns more due to never having enough tape. This game needs more tape like Don't Fear the Reaper needs more Cowbell.

Story has been great, though I tend to play as Ellie through the eyes of Joel. More as a father figure. So all the romance stuff makes me uncomfortable too. Which I have to credit the writers for, as I rarely care about a character enough to feel this way. I doubt the game will ever pull me against Joel because if such a thing happened in real life, with today's society as fractured as it is, we would make most of these characters look like angels in comparison.

Jason

Things will get very interesting really soon...